The Lofoten Islands is the ultimate sea kayak destination in Norway. Paddling deep into the fjords of the Lofoten archipelago is an incredible experience; sheer granite walls surge straight out of the ocean punctuated by sandy beaches offering easy landings and amazing wild camps. In addition to the astonishing scenery, you may see puffins, seals and other arctic wildlife.
On shore, there will be many opportunities for short walks into the hills and experiencing the sights and sounds of the charming fishing villages we will visit along the way, sampling the local delicacies.
The expedition is a unique adventure that is suitable for those with previous sea kayaking and wildcamping experience. Advanced skills are not required, but even the most-experienced paddlers will be moved by the ethereal beauty, wildlife, and enjoyable paddling.
What is included:
- 5:1 ratio
- 12 nights of camping
- excellent meals and snacks from Day 1 dinner to Day 14 dinner
- sea kayaks with rudders, paddles, spray decks, etc.
- PFDs (you may bring your own)
- tents: free-standing, custom expedition dome tents – 2 per tent
- “kitchen”: tarp, cooking stoves, utensils, dishes, etc.
- dry bags and containers for food and group equipment
- first aid, safety, kayak rescue, and repair kits
- communications equipment (satellite phone)